Saturday, June 28, 2014

Homemade Olive Garden Dressing

 I went into the kitchen today to make myself a salad for lunch, and the only dressing at my disposal was less than savory in my opinion. Alas, I used it anyway and I was extremely disappointed in my lunch. Boo!

As I sat stewing about my icky salad dressing I remembered I had a recipe saved in my "mom binder" that I'd been dying to use, and I checked my cupboard to find that I had all the ingredients to make it!!!!

Who doesn't adore Olive Garden's neverending salad or the dressing that comes on it?! Ohhhhh my goodness.

A while ago I came across a link on Pinterest to make copy cat Olive Garden dressing but I'd just never gotten around to it.

You can read the original post at The Happy Money Saver, she has a bunch of yummy dressing recipes. I'm sharing the recipe and my short little journey making it here!

So first off, I gathered all my ingredients and my Magic Bullet cup (which ended up being the perfect size for mixing it all) and got to it!

Ingredients
  • 1/3 cup white vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
  • 1 packet dried Italian salad dressing packet
  • 4  1/2 Tbs water
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 tsp mayonnaise
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp honey
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
(I didn't have any Parmesan, oops, so I obviously didn't include it.)


I also highly suggest listening to the "Sweet Songs for Sunny Days" 
playlist on Spotify when doing anything in the kitchen
It's pretty perfect.

Combine all your ingredients! Easy peasy!


And blend until well mixed!


And there you go! All finished. 
Store in any well sealed container, I had jars lying around so I used those.
Chill overnight for a stronger taste or just eat right away, whatever floats your boat.


And my favorite part, minimal mess to clean up afterwards!

Looking forward to yummy salads! Woo!

Thanks for readin' folks! You can find the Happy Money Saver's printable recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment